“So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me. When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you shall surely die!’ and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.”
“Therefore you, O son of man, say to the house of Israel: ‘Thus you say, “If our transgressions and our sins lie upon us, and we pine away in them, how can we then live?”’ Say to them: ‘As I live,’ says the Lord God, ‘I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?’” – Ezekiel 33:7-11
“Open war is upon you, whether you would risk it or not.” – Aragorn, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Unspeakable destruction and anguish are coming to America quickly. The Lord and His people will win the war in the end. But the sooner there is open warfare between light and darkness, the better the battle will go for the light.
Have you noticed the contrast increasing between good and evil in America? The difference used to be very subtle, but now evil moves openly through every institution of our culture without any cover from those with eyes to see. Yet evil still has not revealed its full purpose, because the great majority of people asleep now could rebel, and the machinery and deceptions have not yet realized their full potential.
Satan and demons, in their war against God for the hearts of people, desire to win without a fight. To win by default, intimidation, and smoke and mirrors. They want to appear invisible when they have less power, but when the advantage is in their favor, they aim to appear overpowering and intimidate people (with very tangible reasons) to give up all hope of life.
We have witnessed this process before. How could a nation like Germany, in so many ways a vibrant seat of Christian thinking where people learned to honor women, to live simple lives excelling in baking bread and craftsmanship, to study the ways of God with great wisdom, and to love their neighbors as themselves – how could this nation turn in a couple generations to one that plainly accepts the occult, subjugates the church to the state, dehumanizes entire classes of people, and calls evil good and good evil? How could this turn happen so quickly? There is no unique fault of the German people here – the same fault lies in me and my household. Satan is clever and very experienced. He learned from WWII and is now trying the same process on a wider scale. When the Allies themselves are serving darkness, who will come to help save the world from utter destruction?
Consider a more recent example: less than ten years ago, a demonically-inspired army in northern Uganda abducted children and forced them to kill others or be killed. The LRA would invade a school, kill the teachers, and force the children to eat the bodies of the teachers. If they refused, they were crucified. Once captured, they were made acquainted with death by having to kill their own parents. If they had no parents (which was common), then they would have to march while carrying a human head recently cut off, or lie sleeping wrapped in human intestines. They were trained to love death and care nothing for life so that the mutilation could be multiplied to new people.
I have met a few people who survived this war, which is thankfully over now because the church of God took action and initiated spiritual warfare, forgiveness, national prayer, and the evangelization of this land at the cost of their lives. They faced visible open warfare, which is already killing in America, whether we would risk it or not. Will we act like King Theoden and not risk the open warfare that is already upon us?
The atrocities I mentioned are a taste of what our enemy wants to bring here.
America will cry and wail at the destruction of our prosperity even when we did not cry out to God at the destruction of our families.
But the enemy is not after our homes, businesses, food, and health – these are means to achieve the real goal of keeping our hearts far from the love and knowledge of God and the finding of true life in Jesus Christ. The enemy is not after our stuff, but our lives.
The enemy has long held the upper hand in our cultural institutions, a process that began to show its first fruits in the mid-1800s. The great changes of the 1960s were but a visible representation of systemic shifts that happened in prior generations invisibly. They formed a new normal, which allowed the enemy to bring in heavier siegeworks, break apart the strengths of healthy civil society, and take away even the memory of what it is like to find life in God as a public society. “In God we trust” will be easy to take off the coinage when not only the memory of who God is erased from our cultural consciousness but also when we even lose the meaning of “trust.” The destruction is already very deep. America is leaderless, those who are truly fighting are dying unsupported and alone, and the enemy has only to give an order, and the world we know will be lost forever.
If we continue living passively as we are now, the destruction will be horrendous. We will regret preparing what we could when we had some resources and time. But if those who know the truth will unify and engage in open warfare now, the battle will go better. We will be accused of upsetting the apple cart and being warmongers, but people are already dying unnecessary deaths now because we’ve allowed the enemy to cross line after line after line for too long.
How to Initiate Open Warfare
Most of us will ask, “What can I do?” The enemy has kept us from knowing how to fight, or even where to know where the war is. This post is too short to cover all of the how, but here are some thoughts to begin.
- Open warfare begins with me. It moves inward to outward. I must be committed to standing, to risking my life, and to remove any barriers between myself and God before I ask anyone to do the same. I must stand myself before asking my wife. Then we must be together before asking our children and closest family and friends. We must muster our smallest group of prayer partners before mustering the church. And we must muster the church before we ask the culture to engage. Judgment begins with the house of God. Don’t ask others to do what you’re not already living. The church must be activated in its full gifts, calling, and submission to God before the culture will follow us. There are no silver bullets like we’ve pursued over the last generation to change our politics and culture. Change occurs inside to outside and only follows commitment.
- Those who stand must really stand. The culture belongs to those who believe that what they believe is actually real for this world. We laugh at the “stone age” mentality of radical Muslims who want to bring radical Islam to America, but don’t laugh. Their commitment to their worldview is unwavering. If good men do nothing, they will be successful flying the green flag of Islam over the White House because they live as if what they believe about life is actually real. American Christianity as a whole has no such commitment right now – there’s no backbone. And as proud and confident as western liberalism is advancing their cause (even working as allies with radical Islam to dismantle Judeo-Christian culture when, on the surface, they should be natural enemies), they too will crumble against the rock-hard zeal of Islam. It’s not technology, education, and advanced weapons that win the culture. Witness history.
- Knowledge and Discernment: I must take a stand and know exactly to what I should say, “Yes, please come in” and know exactly to what I should say, “NO!” The decision may concern a thought, a movie, music, personal habit, words you speak, which vendor to buy from – whatever, but you must know what spirit you are entertaining when you choose to engage with something. In America we constantly ask “Is this good or bad?” and create elaborate criteria for how to judge a moral action. The real question should be, “What spirit am I fostering in my life if I ___?” Some things in life are spiritually neutral, but many more are not. Pray for discernment. [writing from 2018: The shepherds who used to direct the church on the spirit behind things… are now absent from their posts. You are responsible first for the health of your family. Unfortunately, you can’t expect as much wisdom to come from your church as previous generations in America did.]
- Do what you know you need to do now. Don’t wait until later, or until it all makes sense. Forgive someone you need to forgive. Confess hidden sin. Take up an invitation to have a godly mentor. Reconcile with your brother. Take that risk and start a business. Or leave the business you’re in. Be faithful with what you know you should do, and then God will reveal what’s next. But you can’t move forward with more until you’re faithful with little.
- Pray desperately. Don’t tolerate anything that comes between you and God. This relationship is your life, even though other sources pretend to provide. Get really familiar with this place. We’re going to need every soldier here.
It’s time to declare war. This decision is one only you can make.